My device holds my personal data should I be concerned about sending it to Zapper?
This is a good question; one you should be asking. You are right to be concerned about the security of your data; data security is a big problem in today’s increasingly electronic world.
If you are worried you should delete all the data. However if you don’t wish to do this or are not confident about doing so Zapper will guarantee that any and all devices (PDA devices, Smart phones, old laptops, computers and IT equipment) sent to Zapper are securely data-wiped and the data on the device destroyed beyond any chance of recovery. The only way to permanently destroy data, without physically destroying a computer hard disk, is by overwriting the existing data across the entire drive and resetting the file size to zero.
Zapper’s customers benefit from the data erasure solutions provided by http://www.blancco.com/. The technology used to ensure complete data eradication of hard drives and smartphones/tablets is of the very highest global standards and is approved by amongst others the Ministry of Defence in the UK and the US military.
Blancco supports the widest range of international overwriting standards, including:
- BSI (German overwrite standard by Federal Office for Information Security/ Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik)
- HMG Infosec Standard No. 5 (lower) [Certified versions: 4.10 HMG, 4.8 HMG and 3.7r1]
- HMG Infosec Standard No. 5 (higher) [Certified versions: 4.10 HMG, 4.8 HMG and 3.7r1]
- US Department of Defense Sanitizing (DOD 5220.22-M, DOD 5220.22-M ECE)
- NIST 800-88/ATA secure erase
- Extended NIST 800-88
Zapper uses a specialist partner company, who are accredited to ISO27001 for quality data management and security process to complete and manage the data wiping process.
When you send your equipment to Zapper you can be sure that your data will go nowhere and will be comprehensively destroyed.