Zapper is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Zapper may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st September 2009.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as address and postcode.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use it to send email communication from Zapper specifically and only relating to your use, or potential use of this service.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- The website uses a cookie to identify any list maintained while the user is not logged in.
- Zapper also uses what is commonly called ‘remarketing’ or ‘retargeting’ to show adverts on other websites specifically to previous visitors to the Zapper website.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show our adverts on sites across the internet, specifically in the UK.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- you may stop all communications from us at any time by contacting us.
- in the event that you have chosen to subscribe to our newsletter, then you may unsubscribe at any time by simply clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
ZAPPER IS FREE
Our site is completely free to use. When you are ready to post your items you can print out our FREEPOST shipping labels.